Monday, May 18, 2009

Sickness...

Almost all of us are sick right now. I had pick eye last week, and just this morning Emily woke up with it. Poor girl. It doesn't seem to bother her much, so that is good. Nathan has been throwing up randomly all weekend. He acts like he feels fine and isn't sick at all and then all the sudden, he screams, throws up, and then is just fine 3 minutes later. What is that?!?!? I don't know what to do with that. And then there is Jay. I am most concerned for him. He has terrible, painful sores all over the insides of his mouth. He hasn't been able to eat hardly a thing since Friday. It is all I can do to force some liquids down him so he doesn't get dehydrated. He is also teething on top of that. He has fevers randomly, and I don't know if that is from the mouth sores or from the 5 teeth that are breaking through his already sore and swollen gums. He is just miserable and sleeping like a newborn (at least 16-18 hours in the day, and waking up often in the night from pain). I am taking both Nathan and Jay into the clinic tonight. My poor kids. And I am just trying to keep up with it all. My house is a disaster and I am trying to get that cleaned up, do a few loads of laundry, and tend to sick kiddos. Not at all how I had my Monday planned.....

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Poor Jay, wonder what it is with the sores in his mouth? Hope you get some answers at the clinic tonight!

Eva said...

Oh Val! I'm sorry. I hope everyone's better soon! Seems like when there are little kids in the family someone is always sick. At least with a runny nose. Get better soon and let me know how I can help.

SJ said...

So sorry to hear your kids are so sick -- hope they feel better soon! Kind of funny about Nathan screaming and throwing up -- sounds like something Kate would do -- she hates throwing up! I mean, really hates it and shrieks if she feels like she's going to. Not fun. Hope you can find out what's going on with them!