Saturday, December 4, 2010

Davids' second love

So, my husband is the Elders Quorum President in our ward. He keeps himself busy between that and his work. The one thing I think he (and many other men) have always wanted to do was a Pinewood Derby for the adults. He and his presidency planned an Elders Quorum activity for just that. There was NO weight limit set, so there were a few cars that weighed A LOT. David planned and assisted in building his car. You see, my husband is in love with me, and at a very close second place with Dr. Pepper. It only seemed natural to have his car mirror his said obsession. I didn't pull out my camera for the actual event, but we had lots of families come, nine car entries, and lots of yummy food. Davids car won 2nd place over all. It looked pretty awesome, huh? Thank you for your help Mathan! Oh, and in case you were wondering, the can was full for the race, but as soon as we got home David put the whole car in the fridge, and a couple hours later, opened it and drank it... Gotta love Dr. Pepper!

2 comments:

Eva said...

Dang! If only it was a tiny bit heavier it would have won the whole thing! I guess second place isn't so bad.

Amy said...

That sounds like a fun Elder's Q activity! I enjoyed catching up on your other Dec posts. Sounds like you had a blast in Mesa over Thanksgiving. We can't wait to see you guys in about 2 weeks! ~Amy