Saturday, December 4, 2010

Other tidbits about our Mesa Thanksgiving

So we got to Mesa on Friday afternoon, after, count them.... SIX pull overs for Aubrey's delicate traveling stomach. It almost doubled our travel time, but gratefully we were not in a rush, and there was no actual vomiting IN my van. We enjoyed Zoo Lights, a few cousin sleepovers, lots of FOOD, a mission call, pie in the park, my first (AND LAST) experience with Black Friday, and lots of FAMILY. I got to see and visit with my Gramoose Barton, a couple aunts, a uncle, and a few cousins I hadn't seen in forever. I was feeling rather sentimental and nostalgic, not to mention a bit homesick this time around. For those of you that don't know, I am the only member of my family that is not in Mesa. All of them are within about 5 miles of each other (or will soon be), and I live almost 2.5 hours away in Snowflake. It makes me feel a little lonely for my family sometimes.... But, anyhoo, it was a great time visiting with my family.

The weather was FABULOUS!! My mom kept telling my kids to put their jackets on because she thought it was so cold. They would, but their jackets always ended up laying all over the backyard, because we with thicker blood, thought it wasn't cold in the least! I had to almost laugh at those Valley Folk, all bundled up in there coats and scarfs. Ahhh, it was heaven!!! All in all it was a wonderful visit to Mesa. I love that place.... But, I might be kicked out of Snowflake for uttering such blaspheme.

1 comment:

Ben Peterson said...

I won't kick you out, as I am not an official resident of Snowflake myself, but BLASPHEME you did!!