Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My new "normal"....

I have been patiently (okay, so actually pretty impatiently sometimes) waiting for life to stop running at top speed, and let me have things back to the normal that I had grown accustom to.

IT'S NOT HAPPENING.

In about mid-November, life kicked into "holiday mode", and I feel like it is still there. It feels like every moment is FILLED with things, kids, projects, activities, etc. EtC. ETC!! I have finally come to the point now where I realize that this may just be my new "normal". I am having a hard time adjusting to this idea.

The hardest part about it all, is that I have often heard, from nearly all women further along in life then me, that once you start having kids, things just get harder, and busier, and more insane as the years go on. So, if I am struggling now to keep up with things, what does that mean for me, in say 10 years, when they are ALL teenagers? YIKES.

BUT, I don't mean to sound ungrateful. Because I am not. I am grateful for my husband and his willingness to step up and do what he needs to, even if that means I spend some time playing "single mommy". I am grateful for my children. They are all healthy, happy, well-adjusted kids. They all try to do whats right (most of the time =}), I am grateful for my home, even if it is tight quarters. It keeps the weather out, and keeps us warm and safe, and I am grateful for David's job, even if we are often pinching pennies, at least we have a job.

And finally, I am grateful for the blessing it is to have the life I have... even if it is CrAzY!

3 comments:

Christine said...

I keep thinking that these crazy times are what I'm going to miss when my children grow up and leave me. :( I'm doing my best to enjoy them!

Amanda said...

Yes life is crazy, but try to enjoy it. I feel your pain girl and I only have 3 kids!

Amy said...

You are amazing at keeping up with the craziness of life! I think I'm just starting in with craziness with the addition of baby number 3!