Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tomorrow night at six...

We went up to St. George, Utah from Wednesday through Friday for my Grandpa Bartons' funeral. It was a good drive there, the kids did just great traveling (I am very blessed to have five kids that travel well) and it was a wonderful time seeing family that I don't get to see very often. It is amazing how much one person can do in their life, and how very much I didn't know about my grandpa. He was a wonderful man that I love and miss. Here are several pictures from our trip to St. George....Loaded up, and on our way early Wednesday morning.
Some wonderful views from our drive.

The viewing and funeral...L-R; My gramoose, my dad, Aunt Jo-Lynn, Aunt Kaye, Aunt Robyn, and Aunt DaNell. The pallbearers were all my male cousins, and my brother. L-R, Danny, Justin, Josh, Brandon, Chad, Jeff, J, and Andrew. Jay, standing next to the casket. A very sweet moment to capture. Jay Blayne ..... Jay Clayton. My pine tree at my grandparents house. When I was about 10 or 11 I gave my grandparents a tiny, sickly looking twig of a pine tree. They planted it, transplanted it with each move, and placed it in the back corner of their home they have been in for 17 years. Look at it now! I took a pine cone from my tree on Friday, and plan on planting it one day soon. A picture of by far the prettiest place on Earth. This is the Vermilion Cliffs. I love the red rocks, and I LOVE the Vermilion Cliffs. (MUCH better in person). They are between Jacobs Lake and Marble Canyon. Seeing them is something that should be on every one's 'Bucket List'. Just a suggestion....

It was a nice trip, and a reminder about how important family is and the relationships you share with those closest to you. Love you Barton family, and miss you Grandpa Bear!

No comments: