Saturday, February 26, 2011

Surprise!!

I have a great friend that I love dearly. She has lots of little kids who are close together, just like me. Her husband, and my husband are brothers separated at birth. (if you don't actually look at them!!) He is 6'4", David is 5' 8". They are quite funny to look at, but they have SO much in common. Anyway, that is not the point of this post. The point is, last night, my wonderful friend volunteered to keep my kids (yes, all five of them!) overnight! They have so much fun together, and she claimed that they were really good for her (they always are). THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!

So, I surprised my hubby. I arranged a babysitter and took him on a date last night. Told him that we were picking the kids up at about 10pm, but as we were passing a hotel in town, I pulled in. It surprised him to bits. We had a great time together, WITHOUT kids!!! We stayed up late, splashed in the pool and jacuzzi, and slept in this morning. We enjoyed a quiet breakfast, I took a long leisurely shower, and got ready for the day! We then enjoyed lunch and a couple more hours at home WITHOUT kids. AHHHH!!! Just what the doctor ordered, you should try it.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

No apologies about writing or not writing! :)

I am so happy to hear about this fun surprise! Sounds like you guys had a great time. Isn't it refreshing?? I could go for a night away sometime soon....

Amy said...

glad you had a little get-away! Aren't friends great to babysit?! I am indebted to many after all the help I received when I was having Hannah.