Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Big Boy Jay!!

I am so very proud of my last born child! He struggled with getting potty trained (mostly because of a lazy mommy) but has finally made it. He stays dry both day and night, makes it through long times away from home (church on Sunday was the test), and even takes himself to the bathroom! He amazes me with how quickly he jumped on board. My boys have been an absolute CINCH to potty train. My girls all had to much attitude or something, and so they were a TRIAL. Now that I am done changing diapers I have found that there is more money in the bank and more time for me to do things I want to do! It has been nice getting everyone out of diapers, and I am almost completely thrilled that it is done. My only hangup is that my baby is really not a baby now, its bittersweet...

1 comment:

Amy said...

Congrats on getting Jay potty trained! Wow! None in diapers! (I'm so jealous- I've still got three in diapers!) I have been so anxious to get Isaac potty trained, but nothing seemed to work, b/c he hasn't care enough yet. I think we finally hit on something this last week! He wants a scooter or trike. So he's earning pennies each time he tinkles in the potty, or is dry, or tells me BEFORE he goes, etc. and saves them in a tootsie roll bank for his scooter. Last week I found two scooters and a trike at DI so luckily I'm ready whenever he gets enough money. They are just waiting in the garage for him to "earn" them. Today he was dry all day and each time he told me before he had to go. We had a few close calls, but he never had an accident! He even fell asleep in the car and went out several places still in underwear! I think we're finally having a break-through! Yea!!!