Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Our BUSY Easter Weekend

Thursday evening David and I, and his sister Eva and Mathan swapped babysitting for a couple hours a piece. It was nice to get away and have some quiet time. While we were out on our date (does doing a light clean on our temple count as a date??) Eva bravely colored Easter eggs with the kids. When we got home the kids were all tucked in bed, and we made plans to use those bright little eggs. Being that there was no school on the following day, we made some fun Easter-ish plans! We headed out to Woodruff bright and early for a yummy breakfast and Easter Egg Hunt at Eva and Mathans' house. The breakfast was delicious and there was proof of how good the strawberry-banana muffins were all over the carpet!! We had a good time visiting and spending time together. The kids had fun together with their cousins. And the goats had fun on my van! =) Here are some pictures of the occasion... The cousins: May, Nathan, Ellen, Thomas, Aubrey, Emily, Jay and Betsy.

My five little monkeys waiting for the hunt to begin!David and I squinting in the sun. A goat, ON my van. I was laughing pretty hard. Something you just don't see in most places!

Saturday morning was Scout-A-Rama and the district races for the Pinewood Derby. We all got up early, braved the weather (it was pretty dang cold, windy, and overcast for a while!) and went to the park where they served us a pancake breakfast.They set up lots of booths, candy, and activities for the kids to do. We played around at the park for a few hours. Nathan and I then headed over to the church to watch the races. Nathans car was entered for show. It was a fun time with just me and my Nathan! After the races they announced the winners, and handed out metals for all the participants. It was fun to see them all lined up on the wall. Nathan didn't place, but he did get a two metals! He was more thrilled about the TWO metals then he probably would have been about a trophy! Wheres Waldo? Nathan is the one in the scout shirt! hehe! He is wearing the tan cargo pants, next to the boy in the yellow shirt.After the races we headed home and then David went to the church to help take down Pinewood Derby and set up chairs for Stake Conference. (Can we say, OVER-scheduled weekend?!) David then stayed for Leadership Training. He got home, and I headed back to the church for the Adult Session of Stake Conference. The meeting was wonderful, full of the spirit and I got to sit with some Peterson family, and no kids, which was neat. =)

Sunday Easter morning was fun as the kids found their baskets, played with their new toys, and ate way too much candy. (I forgot to take pictures, sorry). By the time we headed to the church I had some pretty wound up kids! I feel sorry for the poor Brewer family that sat behind us... The meeting was nice, and the spirit was strong (when I could feel it between wrestling and quieting five kids who were all on some serious sugar highs).

I am finally winding down from the crazy weekend, and cleaning up the mess that came with it. Boo hiss! I wonder if things will ever slow down?? Probably not...

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! The goat picture is hilarious! Did he get down by himself? By the way, I think we drive the same minivan. Mine is a gold 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan. Are we twins?