Monday, May 2, 2011

Single and cold

Yet another week has come, and David left for work. We are on week three of him working out on the rez, and not being home. He comes home for the weekends, but has not been around much. It is not fun. It is hard. And I lose my patience more then I would like to admit. Hopefully this is the last week that he has to leave for a while, but who knows? With the economy the way it is, and construction work so slow, we have to take any work we can get, thank you very much.

Anyway, other then playing single mommy for the past little while, life is going well. The kids are all happy, relatively healthy, and wishing that it would get warmer. Me too. BLAST this winter stuff that is hanging around, all while looking like a beautiful summer day, and being 45 or 50 degrees out. BOO!! I HATE COLD.

The kids brought home their new May calenders from school on Friday. I about fell over realizing that summer break is approaching FAST. I am not ready for summer.... I think I may move away to an undisclosed area for a few months and then return around the end of August. Until it is warm enough to not have to run my furnace or light a fire, I will not have the idea of 'summer break' floating around this house!

I realize that this has been a pretty negative post. But what can I say? I miss my husband. The kids miss their daddy. I am SICK of this HORRID weather. And that, my friends, is reality.

1 comment:

Eva said...

I feel your pain!!! At least it's only for two days, and I hear it's supposed to warm up soon. Hang in there!