Tuesday, May 10, 2011

All night long...

I have been feeling unusually tired lately. Last night was no exception. So I felt really good when I climbed into bed at 9:00 pm. It was going to be great; a full eight hours sleep, up at 5:00 am, have some quiet "me time", get ready for the day, before the family gets up.

That was my plan, this was my reality:

9:10pm: fell asleep
10:15pm: Emily awake, she was cold and thirsty. Got her an extra blanket and drink.
10:30pm: fell back asleep
12:30am: Jay awake, he was thirsty and his ear hurt. Got him a drink and some ibuprofen. Went in to the office to find David asleep in front of the computer. Brought him to bed all while turning off lights, locking doors, putting the dog out.
1 am: fell back asleep
1:45am: Betsy awake, she was cold. Got her an extra blanket.
2:05am: fell back asleep
2:55am: Jay awake, again. His ear hurt still. Couldn't give him more medicine, but held him until he fell back asleep.
3:05am fell back asleep
3:17am woke up all by myself to a strange noise (still can't decide if I heard it for real, or in my dream). Wandered the house, checked on the kids, found nothing strange.
3:35am fell back asleep.
4 am: Aubrey awake, climbed in bed with us. Kept squirming and wouldn't hold still.
4:30am Finally gave up the battle, climbed up to the top single bunk that Aubrey left empty.
4:40am fell back asleep
6:40: David came in and woke me up to help get the kids ready for school.

I need a nap. So much for quiet "me time". Maybe tomorrow....

1 comment:

Stacie said...

That sounds awful! Tonight, I think you'll be tired enough to sleep through it all. Hang in there!