Tuesday, May 24, 2011

OUCH!

This is what happens when children play outside for almost 4 hours with no sunscreen on. A few weeks ago (the day before Mothers Day) the weather was wonderful! I was busy running around from here to there. David was luckily home from work. I left, yet again, to a song practice for a few hours. I came home to a beautiful sight. Four kids (Nathan was at a friends house) jumping happily on the trampoline in their swiming suits with the spinkler underneath. It was only a few minutes later that I asked if they had sunscreen on. The answer; no. I brought them inside and got them changed back into their clothes. It looked like just small damage done. By that evening at bathtime it was looking worse, and by the next morning, it was terrible. The kids could hardly move, and they were miserable. We went to church, and then came home with a bunch of SORE, sad kids. They got lotioned up and laid around for the rest of the day, all recieving doses of ibuprofen for the pain.

Anyway, the pictures above are of Jay and Besty, 9 days later. Yes, NINE. It was a long week... And now, here we sit 17 days after, and they are finally not hurting at all. Both Jay and Betsy have been complaining for the last week that they are itchy. Now they are both looking better too. Normal.

*Sunscreen is a GOOD thing.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I got a bad sunburn that Saturday before Mother's Day too! I swear I was still peeling 2 weeks later. Kortnie and Stasia had sunscreen on though and they weren't that bad, I guess sunscreen is a good thing!

Christine said...

Goodness! Your kids must be related to mine! ;) A few summers ago Hyrum burned so bad he had huge bliters all over his shoulders. Where is Mommy when it's time for sunscreen?! (I was out of town in that instance.)
I hope it's all better soon!