Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Full swing

School is over, the summer break has begun and has quickly kicked into high gear. We are in full swing people! I always dread summer break, (I know that makes me sound like a bad mom) but I do. I have five incredibly active, busy, LOUD children. My house is always filled with noise. And unfortunately, sometimes that noise is 'angry fighting noise'. The older three tend to get along alright if they are busy and doing things. But, if there is downtime, without an activity or plan, they tend to just pick at each other, all day long.

Nathan has officially begun acting like a 'big brother'. I think anyone that has an older brother or has a son that is an older brother understands completely what that means. Nathan just picks and teases and bothers his sisters, on purpose! In one way its kinda cute, watching him possess them to squeal and tattle, and reminds me a lot of my own big brother (yes, you Justin). But in every other way, it drives me crazy!!!!

So, anyway, with summer being a bit less structured and more relaxed; more fighting, tattling and crying take place. I have planned quite a few activities this summer, in hopes for a bit more peace around here. Aubrey and Emily are signed up for an Arts and Crafts class. They went to their first class yesterday, and both seemed to have a ball. Nathan is signed up for a soccer camp that starts up in a couple weeks. I also have plans to take them all individually to the pool here in Snowflake to teach them how to swim. They have previously been in the swimming classes they offer, but none of them have had enough one on one time to actually learn how to swim yet. So, that is my goal this summer. Get my 8, 7, and 6 year old swimming confidently. I am actually looking forward to it. Swimming is in the top 5 favorite things I like to do. I want my kids to like swimming also.

We have a few short trips planned (one this weekend to Mesa), and a long trip (to Provo) in the making too. And of course, with it being summer, and living in the mountains, you HAVE to add camping to the list. At least a few times. I love camping, and am looking forward to that too.

We are busy staying busy, especially yesterday, which I am actually quite proud that I made it through still sane! Summer is definitely in full swing!

No comments: