Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wallow Fire

For the last week a wildfire has been burning out of control in an area about and hour and a half southeast of our home. It is a horrible thing, and has caused evacuations of small wonderful little towns just like ours. In the afternoons the plume of smoke is visible in the sky. Sunday after church the winds had blown it our way and it was thick in the air, and made my lungs burn. I ache for the people and families that are being affected by this fire.

I almost started crying yesterday as I looked toward the fire and saw the HUGE plume of smoke in the sky. It looked almost pretty, but then just thinking about what was causing it made me sad inside. We have added the towns and people and firefighters in our prayers, and wish them the best. I feel helpless sitting here in my house, being so close, yet so far away. Add them to your prayers please.

1 comment:

kara said...

I didn't know you had a family blog I just found it, Yippee some family to check out. I love the pictures of everyone's feet.
The fire is very sad I hope you don't get too much smoke and things get better soon we are praying for that too. Take care. I will be snooping here more often. Happy Summer!