Sunday, June 26, 2011

Mesa Trip!

After nearly six months, we finally made it to Mesa to visit my family. Yes, it took us way too LONG! It was HOT, but so much fun seeing everyone again. We went over the second weekend in June. We had a great time together. The kids had a blast seeing their Barton cousins, and we got an updated picture of the grandkids. We have officially hit the stage where they can ALL sit, look, and smile. It is a nice stage... =) Me and my sisters got the chance to go to the Mesa Temple together. It was a nice experience to be together in the temple. The kids had LOADS of fun splashing and playing in the swimming pool with their cousins. Here is the proof!We gathered all together for Family Home Evening and also called my parents in Nauvoo to sing Happy Birthday to my mom. She was THRILLED to hear us all on the speakerphone for her birthday. I miss my parents so much, but love that they are serving a mission. What a great example for the grandkids.

We also spent some time with Justin, Heather, and their kiddos. They put on a yummy BBQ and we had some nice time visiting. Me and both my sisters named Heather, went early one morning to the gym, and worked out together. Gotta love Zumba. I was proud to be able to keep up, and even know a few of the dances (thank you Rhonda!) The boys all had fun playing Halo together, and the girls had fun putting our feet up and just relaxing. My sisters and I went shopping. I really don't enjoy shopping, but it really was fun, and we visited a great thrift store (the only place I shop), and got a new dress for me. It is the first dress I have bought myself since before Besty was born (5+ years ago!!)

Right before we left back to Snowflake, we went to a Scout Fundraiser/Auction dinner. The reason I mention it, is that it was my old family ward (46th). It is always wonderful to go back and see so many faces that I have known all my life. Such a feeling of "coming home". I love the 46th ward!!! It was a great trip. One that will be repeated more often (I promise!).

No comments: