Friday, November 18, 2011

6 out of 7 isn't bad...

Jay, being the monkey he is, was playing wildly and decided to bust his chin open and get stitches on the night of the 14th.  He kept trying to kick himself up into a handstand, one of his arms slipped, and he came crashing down, head (or maybe chin) first, on our hard tile floor.  He bled pretty good for a minute or so, and I took him over to the doctors office and he got 3 little stitches in his chin.  Silly boy....

And because I like to brag about my wonderful little bunch of kids; Jay didn't even cry!  (okay, initially when he hit the ground, for about 15 seconds...)  But not when he saw the blood, got the numbing shots, or got stitched up.  Dr. Nichols was thoroughly impressed and kept telling me that he was a wonderful, tough little boy.  I had to agree. 

The next morning he had completely forgotten about the whole experience, and has since been annoyed about the silly band aid he has to keep on his chin.  I am kind of worried that if he could actually touch or feel the stitches, he would pull them out.  He is tough, I tell you.

Oh, and by the way, Emily is officially the only member of our family who HASN'T had stitches now.  Knock on wood...

No comments: