Monday, November 28, 2011

Our Thanksgiving

Because we already had our HUGE Thanksgiving feast a couple weeks ago with the entire Peterson family, we kept it simple for the actual day.  David and I are both not very fond of turkey.  So, because it was a small family gathering (we invited Davids parents and youngest brother, last minute), we opted for ham.  YUM!!
Here is our small, yet delicious spread...

And because we are Petersons, we must have PIE.  I have to be perfectly honest and admit that I have never been a pie fan.  (Yes, I know!  How dare I call myself a Peterson!)  I don't like fruit pies, or nut pies, or pumpkin pies.  The only pies I really enjoy are cream pies.  Chocolate and banana cream pie are my favorite!  But, according to David, those don't even count as a pie!  So, we prepared five pies, none of which I ate any of.  But, the kids seemed to enjoy the apple and pecan pies, so that was good.  David, in fact ate one entire pecan pie all by himself throughout the day.  Glad to make the family happy...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!  Now on to Christmas...

No comments: