Monday, November 28, 2011

We sold our van...

We bought our 1999 Dodge Caravan right after we found out we were expecting Betsy.  So, that makes it nearly six years ago.  I have to admit that I had a tear in my eye as I watched it drive away this weekend.  Not so much because of the attachment to the van itself, but mostly because of the memories that it held.  I brought two of my babies home from the hospital in it.  I watched my children grow in the backseats of it.  They moved from infant seats to forward facing car seats, to boosters, to no car seats at all in that van!  So, I bid a fond farewell to our van.  I will miss it; but not the upkeep on the 235,000 mile engine, or the overheating issues, or the lack of a sound system, or air conditioner, or cruise control....  Maybe I won't miss it as much as I thought!

Oh, and by the way, I am ABSOLUTELY loving our replacement vehicle.  A 'new to us' 1999 Chevy Suburban.  With all the bells and whistles.  Only thing that is a tad bit annoying about it is the broken handle on the drivers door.  I have to roll down the window to get out!  It is a pretty easy and inexpensive fix, when we get around to it.  There is A LOT going on...

2 comments:

Stacie said...

They sure look alike, but aren't exactly the same. Our van is a 2000. Congrats on the new vehicle...very exciting!

Heather said...

You know what is really funny? The other day I thought I saw you driving a suburban, but I didn't get a very good look. I waived cause I thought it was you and you waived back. The kids asked me, "who was that?" I said, "I don't know! It looked like Valerie, but she does not drive a suburban." Ha!!! Now you do!!!!!