Sunday, February 26, 2012

Happy...

It has been a rough couple weeks for me.  I was hit hard a few times with homesickness, and then a bout of sickness that still, doesn't want to leave.

BUT, I have realized in the last few days how good I really have it.  The goodness of people who are practically strangers from the ward stepped in and brought meals, called in concern, and prayed for me.  It was not too serious, so don't worry, and it is all being taken care of now. 

On top of that, I was asked to talk in church a few weeks ago.  I spoke today.  It was a pretty good talk, if I say so myself.  It was on the atonement.  I spent a few minutes introducing us, and then spoke about how personal, sacred and private the atonement really is for each of us.  The spirit was strong.

Life is good.  I decided that.  I feel like I can finally slow down and breath now.  Things are setttled down.  The pictures are hung.  A schedule has been set in place.  I feel like I am now a part of our ward.   We are here.  And I am happy....

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Good to hear from you. It takes time to make such a big adjustment. I hope you stay healthy and hang in there, even on the hard days.