Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Just because I need to

I know I need to update my blog, yet I feel like I have nothing exciting to say...

David is doing great at his job.  He loves it.  In fact, most every day when he gets home (at the same time everyday!), he has a smile on his face, and is HAPPY.  It is a nice change.

I have been busy doing mommy things.  I realized a few days ago, that I can spend an entire morning cleaning, making beds, scrubbing toilets, vacuuming, doing laundry, making meals, doing dishes, mopping, etc, etc... and no one, outside the house knows all the things I get done every single day.  And I also realized that when I feel happy about serving my family, I don't mind so much, when I have to get up the next day and do it all over again.  Attitude is everything.  Oh, and getting a shower, getting dressed, and actually doing my hair every morning has done wonders on my mood.  Try it, you might like it.  If this sounds a bit like Fly Lady, it is because it is.  =)

The kids are doing wonderful in school.  I put them on the bus at 7:35am, and they get off the bus at 4:00pm.  I like the idea of not driving them to school everyday, since we live too far away for them to walk or ride bikes.  Yet, almost every morning, I feel a twinge of sadness as they board the bus.  Sending them into the thick of the world.  All of them mention the bad words and mean, loud kids on the bus.  They sit with friends or each other, and we have had quite a few talks about how even though some people talk and act that way, WE DON'T.  They understand, and have turned out to be pretty good examples on that bus ride they take everyday.

Betsy and Jay are both growing up and almost staying out of trouble.  We spend a lot of time reading, playing at the park (when its warm enough), and going for walks, which also requires warmer weather. 

Things seem to be going fine around here.  David and I have finally received church callings.  David is the new Elders Quorum teacher, and I am happily the new Primary Chorister (yipee, my favorite calling!!)  We are making friends, and feeling a bit more at home everyday. 

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm glad things are getting settled for you guys. I wondered how you and your kids would adjust to living in a less-LDS town. For me, living here in Snowflake, is a change from living in Shepherd/Billings, so I knew it would be a big change for you guys. I'm glad that you are being open and discussing the changes and how you can all set examples and keep striving to CTR!

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacie said...

It may not be exciting to you, but it is a nice report. Glad to hear things are going well!