Thursday, February 16, 2012

Where we are now...

Montana has proved to be a pretty nice place so far.  I really enjoy this town we live in, and the ward is great!  I think everyone has successfully made the adjustment to our new life here.  The kids have found some friends, and are doing well in their new schools.  Both David and I have mentioned a bit of homesickness this week.   We mostly miss our Highland Park neighborhood.  It was nice knowing everyone on the street, and the familiarity that life had.  That will come here, but it hasn't yet.

So, without further adieu, here in its wood paneled glory is the home we are renting...

 The family room.  Yes, you may notice that we have no couch.  We left it behind in Snowflake because it was broken, and too big to fit on the truck.  And thanks to a nice sized tax refund that we received this week, we can officially go couch shopping on Saturday!  I am looking forward to a couch again...
 Another view of the family room. Still didn't have pictures on the walls.  I am having a hard time hanging anything because, well, there really isn't a lot of good "picture walls" in this place.
 Our dining room.  I hate the carpet under the table, but love the built in glass doored cabinets.  My nice things are on display, and safe too!
 Looking into the kitchen.  It is a pretty odd shape, and makes for tight quarters come meal times.
Another view of the kitchen.  I have learned that I prefer a fridge with the freezer on top, and fridge below.  This side by side just doesn't have enough space.  Especially in the freezer!  There is a mini dishwasher, but it doesn't work.  Seven people makes for a lot of dirty dishes...  Believe me, I know.
 And my laundry room area.   Because my washer and dryer are sitting in the middle of the kitchen and in full view of the front door, I can't very well have laundry piled up.  It has been nice actually.  It makes me HAVE to sort, wash, dry, fold and put it away immediately.  And coming from someone who hates the 'folding and putting away' portion of laundry, it has been a GREAT thing.

Well,there you have it.  Now you have an idea about where we are now.  Not at all as nice as where we were, and not a permanent place either, but it has worked out well, we are happy, and are settling in fine into our wood paneled palace.  =)

No comments: