Friday, November 14, 2008

A big kitchen 24 hours

My parents arrived last night at about 5 pm. As soon as they got here, and we had a quick picnic dinner on our family room floor (my current kitchen table), we got right to work. Here was the progress of the kitchen when they arrived....

And here it is tonight.......



We got so much done in just 24 hours! First, my dad worked on the electrical on the block wall, as my mom and I put up the insulation. David continued working on patching the walls. By nights end we had all the drywall up and the first coat of mud on! We started again bright and early this morning, and most of the day was focused on getting the electical figured out. My dad had to remove a few lights, and install 5 new recessed lights, and a new box for a future ceiling fan. He worked super hard, and David helped him tons getting in and out of that attic a hundred times. Bless their hearts! While we waited on drywall mud and electrical stuff, my mom and I got both my bathrooms sparkly, and ALL my laundry washed, folded, and put away. Now, that is a feat! I love it when my mom comes to town!

We are planning on getting the wall textured on Monday night, and I will put the primer on on Tuesday, and a few upper cabinets hung Tuesday night! My mom and dad are talking like they may come back up here to Snowflake and help us again on Tuesday and Wednesday, to help hang all our cabinets, paint, and maybe start tiling. We will see how our progress progresses... hehehe!

No comments: