Saturday, November 8, 2008

A handsome pulling team

It has been a pretty busy weekend, filled with lots of messes as we finish up the demo. It is taking longer then I thought it would. As a nice break, and to pick up a few tools we will need for sanding and texturing the walls, we made a trip over to Davids parents house. They only live a few miles away, but we don't go out to thier place often enough. While we were there Davids' dad was working with his two beautiful horses, with them yoked together with some very pretty harnesses. We also all looked at their recent purchases of two wagons. One looks exactly like what you would imagine when you think about pioneers. The other is a buggy-type. All the kids and I got a fun ride around their backyard. But the buggy was not attached to the horses.... but to David and his dad!! It was a fun ride for the kids, but even more fun for me to watch my husband and my father-in-law walk the same, pull the same, look the same (from the back). I laughed out loud to see just how much they are alike! Like father, like son!

No comments: