Thursday, November 6, 2008

Some kitchen pictures and updates

So here is my 50+ year old kitchen. I am happy to say that it is in the midst of a remodel, and I couldn't be happier!! Here are some pictures of what is now considered BEFORE: (yeah!!)

Yes, I know, it looks pretty gross. I have a super cute theme in my kitchen of red, white and black with cherries. I have lots of fun accents, but you can't really see them in the river of old cabinets, nasty color scheme, and the lovely tile, everywhere. And yes, that last close-up pic of the cabinets are as clean as they will get. If I wipe them down at all, the paint just comes off... talk about quality =).

The range is still in great shape. It was here when we moved in, and was the nicest part of the kitchen. BUT, the range that my parents offered us it twice as nice, with a flat top (no more foil mom!), and a double oven feature! I already feel spoiled with just my fridge and range update!

Here is some of the demo in process. It is quite fun bashing those cabinets and tile with a sledge hammer. I must have some pent-up frustrations! You can see the water spicots, and ice maker jimmy in the first picture. And what you don't see in the second picture is a LARGE mouse nest that I found under the cabinets. It has no signs of any active use, thank heavens, but there are large amounts of "mice rice" and padding-stuff. I about threw up, and left the clean up to David. YUCK! I am not looking forward to what I will find in the rest of the demo. 50+ years of kitchen definitely left some "treasures" to find. I will have more updates for another time.... that is about as far as we are now.

This weekend we are finishing demo, fixing/capping off some plumbing and electrical, and doing our last minute shopping for the rest of our flooring, counter tops, back splash, and paint colors. It will be a busy, yet productive one! I am SO grateful to be married to a very handy man. I love that David is able to complete this project 100% on his own. He had many talents, and I love him so much for giving me my anniversary gift (Nov. 10th for 7 years) and Christmas gift early this year.......... a NEW kitchen!!!!!

5 comments:

Stacie said...

Looks like you are in the thick of it! How awesome that David is doing it all. We are anxious to do our kitchen as well, but not until we have the cash, which will be a long while....

klutzy k said...

i'm so excited for your new kitchen! woohoo! keep the pictures coming! and your kids' halloween pictures are so cute. i'm going to be asking you for ideas next year because this year...WELL. we'll just start preparing now or something. ;)

love ya!
your favoritest cousin-in-law kimberly :D

Christine said...

Yea!
Christine

Ben Peterson said...

We Get A Dishwasher!!!!

Yea!!!

Love,
Ben

Anonymous said...

Nice kitchen, it looks like fun. I've always wanted to take a sledge hammer to a wall or something. It just looks like fun!
Send me your email so that I can send you that obama clip. I'm glad you liked it!