Saturday, November 22, 2008

The kitchen, and a mysterious burn

We painted the red accent color, and hung all my upper cabinets! It is really starting to look like a kitchen........ well, sort of! Here are some pictures of our progress these last few days.Here is David putting on our first coat of the wine red color. It took two coats.

Here is the small wall, painted in the red color. My favorite color is red, if you couldn't tell! =)
Here is the first cabinet going up! It's the one above the fridge. It is harder then it looks, just ask my back today (and the ironic thing about it, is that David did all the really heavy lifting).
And here is the final product. Yes I need to do some touch up paint on all the cabinets, and completely paint a couple of them. David will be building me a custom spice rack that pulls out. He is an amazingly talented guy when it comes to woodwork.


And in some completly unrelated news. Here is a strange and somewhat mysterious burn that showed up on Aubreys arm yesterday. You ask her what happened and how she got hurt, and she has NO idea. It is a pretty bad burn, and she isn't bothered by it at all. I knew that she was super strong and tough, but this is crazy! I am still treating it with burn cream, and keeping it clean, but how can she NOT feel that, ouch. It hurts me just to look at it. Strange.

1 comment:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

The kitchen is looking so good. I can't wait to see it finished. Hang in there.