Thursday, November 20, 2008

Kitchen stuff and chubby cheeks

Tuesday, bright and early, our drywall guy showed up and put the texture on the walls. I was so busy watching them (David helped), I didn't get any pictures. The drywall guy just happens to also be in our ward, and the Elders Quorum president. Being that David is the secretary, you can see that we had connections, and he came and put that texture on for free, out of the goodness of his heart. Can't beat that!

My parents showed up at about 11 am, and we filled some time while we waited for the walls to dry. A couple hours later my mom and dad put the sealer on the walls. Next came the paint! It was a busy day, and things moved along pretty quickly and smoothly. Here is a pic of the paint going on...... (most of the walls will be white, flat finish; the soffit and one small wall will be a wine red accent color, flat finish).

During the day, while the walls dried, my dad took it upon himself to fix my washer. FINALLY!! I have gotten really good at going to the laundromat, and have it down to a science now. I am used to it so much that I have forgotten what it is like to have a working laundry room. So my dad drove around a bit and found a place that carried the part that we need, ordered it, and it should be here next week. Guess what that means?!?!?!? I will finally have a washer again, and I won't have a laundry pile the size of the Rocky Mountains anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell I am excited about that?? Thank you thank you dad, for just ordering the dang part. I am happy as a clam. Also during the day, I got a cute picture of my dad holding Jay. Jay is named after my dad, you know...... isn't it cute?

And before I completely forget, I need to write down the funniest thing that Nathan said on Tuesday. I think you'll get a kick out of it! We sure did! So Nathan had been outside, playing with his friends, when he came inside and said, "Mommy, do you know what chubby means?" I answered him, "Yes, I kind of do. What do you think it means?" (Now at this point, I was silently preparing a speech in my head about how we don't call people chubby or fat, how we don't need to say mean things to each other, etc.) And this is actually how he answered...... "It means, when you run your cheeks flop". And he contently turned around and went back outside to play with his friends. My mom and I started cracking up! How do you keep a straight face with an answer like that???? Your cheeks flop???!!!??? What a hoot our Nathan is.
Here is why we got NOTHING done last night in the kitchen. David and I went to help with the light cleaning at the temple where David ran the vacuum all over the temple, and by the time we got home, he must have been pooped! He fell fast asleep, all within 20 minutes of walking through the door. Nathan got up to use the bathroom soon after we got home, and went and laid next to David on the couch, and fell back asleep. It was a pretty sweet to see two of my guys sleeping soundly on the couch. Yea, but David might just kill me for posting this one! He doesn't even know I took it. We will see how long it lasts!

2 comments:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

Hey you!! I'm glad you found us. It looks like you have a mess over there. It is looking so good though. I wanted to come over and see it when Russ was there--but didn't get away. I will stop by soon:)

Mel's Family said...

Hey Valerie...I found your blog through Marcie's. I hope you don't mind me dropping in. It looks like you have quite a project going on! How exciting to have your washer back. I'm sorry we haven't been by to visit teach you this month. Hopefully soon! Melinda