Sunday, November 23, 2008

Our Sunday

It turned out to be a pretty fun Sunday. I have been looking forward to this particular Sunday for a few weeks now. It was the Primary Program. The kids did great! And a bonus for mom and dad..... Nathan, Aubrey, and Emily where carted up to the stage for over half the meeting, so we only had two kids to wrestle with- instead of five!!! It was a nice break for mommy, that's for sure. There seemed to be a lot of people at church today, probably to see the kids in the program. All my kids knew their parts forward and backward, and Nathan did great, yet both the girls sat and waited for help through their part. I was disappointed that they didn't just say it, because they knew it! Oh well, maybe next year. And by the way, by the time next year comes, all we will have is Jay to wrestle during the program. That will be an even nicer treat!

After church a great family in our ward, the Sipes (hi Russel Sipes-the drywall guy), invited us over for a REAL meal of food. What a yummy meal (best that I have had in over a month), and a great time for everyone! The kids had fun trashing their house while playing with their kids; and David and I had a good time getting to know them better, chatting, laughing a lot, and playing a game that we didn't end up finishing. We will have to do it again soon. We promised that we would host it as soon as our kitchen gets finished.... May not be as soon as I wish. =)

The reason we had to leave the game unfinished is because I had a phone call this morning from our executive secretary saying that the bishop wanted to meet with me this evening. And we all know what that means........ A new calling. So I just barely got back from my meeting with the bishop (which actually was a meeting with his two counselors), and my new calling is..........(drum roll, please) Primary Pianist. I expected it, knew it was coming and was already prepared to say yes. I feel a little nervous about it. As much as I love to play the piano, I know that I am not very good, or at least not as good as the current pianist. I really am happy to be back in primary. I love the kids in our ward, and the Primary Presidency are very nice, great women. Last time I had this calling I was pregnant with Emily (so about 4 years ago.) Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Congrats on the calling. We will have some great songs to learn in Primary next year. :) I'm excited about that.
Your kitchen is looking great!
Christine

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

Hey you knew it. How exciting. I was right too, at least now you wont have to listen to me give "my version" of a good lesson:) We are so glad you guys come over. Lets do that again soon.