Tuesday, November 18, 2008

On my mind....

I originally thought I would blog about all the big progress of the kitchen today, but my mind has been running on overdrive since my parents left again. Yes, my mom and dad came up to Snowflake again today to help get some major steps in the kitchen remodel done. They worked hard, all while I stood and watched the kids.

So, what is on my mind, you say?

  1. This last week I got some saddening news about my Uncle Jon, but we call him "Uncler". He has been diagnosed with brain cancer. My thoughts have been with him, my dear Aunt Linda, and their family right now, when emotions and feelings are running on high. I hope the best for him, and pray for the Lord's comfort and direction in their time of need.
  2. My dad took me aside tonight, just to tell me how much he loved me. It was a nice moment between us, hug and all. And as they drove away, back to Mesa tonight, the only thing I could find myself thinking was, "I already knew that". My dad isn't the mushy type, so moments like that just don't happen, yet I ALWAYS have known that my dad loves me. And daddy, I love you too.
  3. I am so grateful lately for the blessing it is to live in this great nation. I feel a wind of change coming soon that will forever change the USA as we know it. And yet, I still feel blessed and love this US of A. What a great thing to live here now, in this time, in this place.
  4. I feel very happy to have parents that want to help us out. I am grateful for them always, but I have been particularly aware this week of their great big hearts. My mom is always so helpful with things that just need done, like my laundry, bathrooms, holding a child, reading a story, etc. My dad is willing and ready at the drop of a hat to fix things, like my washer, my heart, electrical stuff, remodel a bathroom, etc. He is so handy with tools, and I feel like we are often on the receiving end of his skills, with his tool bag, AKA..."magic bag of tricks", that he totes along with him every time they visit.

So, that is what is on my mind tonight. I will post some progress on the kitchen later, but for now, there are my thoughts, as jumbled as they are.

1 comment:

Mel's Family said...

It's me...Melinda Sipes. I was so touched by your thoughts about your Dad. My dad passed away 3 years ago, and what I wouldn't give to have that conection with him now. Enjoy it and appreciate it, as I can tell you do.