Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Our Halloween....

I have begun feeling a little better this evening and thought that I should finally do my "Halloween" blog, before it becomes ancient history! I set out our autumn decorations a few weeks ago, and almost immediately went outside to see my placement with all the pumpkins being dismantled. I was not the least bit surprised =). I had to get a shot of it, they were being way too cute.


Here we are carving pumpkins. David has a knack at it--a little hidden art talent. Nathan wanted a 'monster pumpkin', and because he had his own pumpkin from a field trip with his first grade class to a local pumpkin patch, he got his wish. We also acquired a pumpkin from David's sister Eva, and so we let the girls have that one. Emily wanted a dog pumpkin, and Aubrey wanted a cat.... David was inventive, and did a darn good job, given the request. No pics of the final products, sorry!



Here is our annual Peterson Halloween party. That night Nathan was a 'karate kid'; Aubrey a frog; Betsy a dog; Emily is Tigger; and Jay is also a dog. Those two dog costumes have seen each one of my children through a Halloween. The cute girl in the pink is Ellen, who is Eva's youngest.

For the actual day of Halloween, Nathan wore the Tigger suit, and Aubrey and Emily were princesses. Betsy and Jay were still dogs. David also dressed up in a huge mountain man coat thing that looked a little scary.... yeah, Betsy and Jay cried. We must live in a super popular neighborhood because I ran out of candy just about 20 minutes into the evening! In fact, we resorted to passing out candy from our own kids bags until David got back from an emergency candy run. It ended up being okay, and the kids had a great time, even giving away their own candy stash. I estimate that we got at least 250, maybe 300 trick or treaters! I will plan on being better prepared next year!

We are now in the process of the demo of our kitchen. Our "new to you" cabinets are awaiting installation on our back patio. I have already swapped out the fridges, and am busy working on getting it done. We have spent a fair amount of time at random fast food drive thrus, and am looking forward to a healthy, home-cooked meal again soon..... I hope!

No comments: