Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hope

You know how some songs, words, or places bring with them negative connotations? Feelings of anger, resentment, regret, sadness, negative memories? Interestingly enough, the word "hope" does that for me.

Here is a little background. In high school, I dated a guy for too long. We were pretty much obsessed with the word "hope". We hoped that things would work out, hoped we would get married, even decided to give our first daughter the middle name, Hope. It got so bad that we named his pet hamster, or was it a gerbil?, Hope. Puke. Yes, I know it sounds a little overkill, and heck, it was! Looking and thinking back on that relationship brings me a lot of regret, sadness, and finally happiness and joy that I was able to pull myself out of it. It is amazing what the right guy (David), at the right time (less then a month after my boyfriend went on his mission) will do for your self esteem and sense of normalcy.

So back to "hope"..... I don't know if you have noticed, but that word has been thrown around a lot lately. It has found itself attached to a man named Barrack Obama. Given that I already had negative connotations to the word, I found myself rolling my eyes, and disliking him more and more every time I heard him speak of "hope for our nation" or "hope for change".

Just a few days ago our country swore him in as our next President of the United States. I still feel like it is the biggest mistake we, as a nation, have ever made. Allowing him power will bring many sad, worldly, selfish things. I am scared to death to see what will happen to our nation in the next four years. I am also scared to see that there are legitimately good people blinded by this wolf in sheep's clothing. In one way, I really wish that he would just ruin things quickly so we can impeach him, or at least vote for a new, and better candidate in 2012.

Barrack Obama has a lot to prove to me. He has come across as a slimy dishonest man with basically no morals. Just look closely at his eyes. They are empty, clouded, and heavy looking. He does not have the light of Christ in his eyes. I find it hard to believe that he can do all that he has said he will, and I wish that he wouldn't do a few things that he has promised!

So to President Obama, I hope that you turn out to be a good person.....good luck ={

4 comments:

Christine said...

I totally agree with you on this one. I've said almost nothing about it on the blog because I have people in our families on both sides of the fence. But I am really worried. My biggest worry is that dang Freedom of Choice act. What a dumb name. It takes the freedom of choice away from the doctors and hospitals. They can't choose to have morals or abstain from killing innocent babies.

Mel's Family said...

Wow Valarie...I've never seen this side of you! All I have to say is AMEN!

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

WOW!! I have to totally agree. I like your view and mine is right there too.

Sandy Ballard said...

I am so glad that someone said it. I cannot stand how this nation has just gone blind.