Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Wonder Pets

This morning, we have been out in the front yard finally getting our fall leaves/pods raked up, and a bunch of brush moved out of our neighborhood ditch that just happens to border our yard on the north side. Everyone (minus Jay, who was having his morning nap) was outside helping rake. Nathan made the cute comment, "Mommy, this is fun!" I then said, "Yes, it is more fun when we work together!" Nathan then responded quickly, "Yup, just like 'The Wonder Pets'. We all had a good laugh! For those of you that don't know who The Wonder Pets are, it is a cute children's show about a group of pets (a guinea pig, turtle, and duck) that help other animals out of predicaments they find themselves in. It has a catchy little theme song that goes something like this....

Wonder Pets! Wonder Pets! We're on our way!
To help a baby squirrel, and save the day!
We're not too big, and we're not too tough,
but when we work together we've got the right stuff!
Go Wonder Pets! Yeah!

(I am actually pretty impressed with myself, that I could pull that out of thin air, especially because the Yogi Bear theme song is playing on the TV, in the background, right now!)So anyway, here is a picture of all my cute wonder pets, working together to get the job done! They actually did a good job. Yes, it took quite a bit longer then if I would have just done it, but it was a good time, the kids had fun, and heck, we got the job done. =)

1 comment:

Brooke said...

What a cute picture! And--how nice that you have all that help! :) I have to admit I had to sing along to the Wonder Pets song as I read the words. It's a catchy one! Also, I don't know if I thanked you for the cookies--but THANK YOU! Your girls were so cute out delivering them. And, the cookies were GREAT--I was craving something sweet that day and they just hit the spot. So, thank you!