Friday, March 20, 2009

Wedding Day Details...

I don't know why, but I love filling out surveys, forms, questionnaires... I don't know, I am CrAzY.... So I was reading blogs last night and came across this one from Sherry's blog. So here is my next tag...You can if you want!

1) When was your wedding day? November 10, 2001
2) What day of the week was it? Saturday, 11 am, David showed up over an hour late, talk about panic.... But he showed, and married me anyway =). (He got the times mixed up).
3) Did you get married in a church? No, in the Mesa Arizona Temple; that's better then a church.
4) How many in your wedding party? Don't know the exact number, but there were sure a lot of people lining the walls and standing during the sealing. The Peterson family is BIG.
5) How many guests were invited to your wedding? Just immediate family, aunts, uncles and a few very close friends.
7) How long did you wait to Tie The Knot after your proposal? We got engaged July 21st and married November 10th. Nearly 4 months....too long. =)
8) Who did you hire as your photographer & videographer? Davids Aunt Deon took both our engagement pics and wedding pics. She does an amazing job!
9) Did you have a DJ or a band? Nope, we had a harp.
10) Did your father walk you down the aisle? There wasn't an aisle to walk down, but he was there, and served as a witness.
11) What color were the bridesmaid dresses & groomsmen vests? The wedding colors were plum, green and white. The dresses were plum jumpers with white shirts underneath (not my favorite choice, but we had to work around a very pregnant maid of honor), and the ties for the guys were green.
12) Who was your Maid Of Honor/Best Man? My Maids of Honor were my twin sisters, Heather and Heidi and Davids Best Men was his close friends Greg and Ben.
13) Did you have a Bridal Shower? Yes.
14) What type of limo did you get? Limo?!? Hahahahaha!!!
15) Where did you go for your Bachelorette/Bachelor Party? All the girls came to my moms house and pampered me good, and taught me a few things too! =) All the boys kidnapped David and they went paint-ball shooting. Yeah, he had welts all over him, poor guy.
16) What type of wedding gown/tux did you two wear? My mom pain-stakingly made my beautiful dress, and David borrowed my dads black tux.
17) How was the weather? Very nice, perfect wedding weather.
18) Where did you go on your Honeymoon? We spent the first night at the Best Western on Main Street in Mesa, and then headed up to Pine Valley Utah, and spent the rest at the Barton Family Cabin.
19) What was your favorite part of your wedding day? Knowing that I was marrying the RIGHT guy. It felt so good and so right to be with David.... still does.
20) How long have you been married? Eight years in November
21)What was your favorite part about planning the wedding? Even though my mom made my dress, we still went and tried on hundreds of wedding dresses, for ideas. That was too much fun.
22) What was your least favorite part of the planning? Licking and writing addresses on millions of envelopes. Oh, and our reception in Snowflake just happened to end up on a semi-final football game played in Mesa, so more then half of the town was gone....It's alright, I forgive them, high school football is HUGE here. =)

Did anyone else notice that this survey is missing a #6? Oh well...

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I did this on my blog too, after I read Sherri's this morning. I can't believe he got the time wrong and showed up an hour late! That is too funny!

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

I think that is fun to read. HOLY COW I would have killed Russ for showing up at the wrong time. Good thing he is the right one:)

SJ said...

I have to comment about the lateness, too, sheesh -- I'd be panicking also -- crazy! So, do you have any pictures to share of your wedding dress -- I love looking at wedding pictures!