Sunday, April 26, 2009

The funny things kids say...

I have been planning on putting a little post together of the cute things I catch my kids saying. I have inevitably forgotten a few already, but here are three that had us laughing....

1) It was a particularly windy day here in Snowflake (60+ MPH) a few weeks ago. Now, Nathan usually walks home from school, but because it was SUPER windy I decided to go and pick him up so he didn't end up blowing away =). I met him, and he climbed up into the van. He asked me "Mommy, why did you pick me up?" I said, "It's a tornado out there! I just thought you would like a ride home so you didn't have to walk in the wind." Then he matter-a-factly looks at me and says, "It's not a tornado mom, there is nothing spinning around!" I swear that boy is smarter then his own good.

2) We were all driving home one night from being out at Davids parents house. Emily, Aubrey and Nathan were discussing (aka fighting) about knowing how to drive. Here is how the conversation went down...
Emily- "I know how to drive!"
Nathan- "No you don't! Do you know how to 'go'?"
E- "Yes! You push on that button (pointing down at the gas petal)".
N- "But do you now how to turn?"
E- "Yeah! You turn that round circle thing!"
N- "Do you know how to stop?"
E- "Ummm...no, but I know how to jump."

3) One day I was changing Jay's diaper, which was poopy. He had a terrible diaper rash that had, just the day before sent us to the doctor for a stronger ointment for his poor little bum. He was still very tender and red, and Emily was standing over us. She looked at his bottom and said, "Look mommy, Jay has an ouchy bottom! I think he need a new one!"

Funny little kids!!

No comments: