Saturday, May 2, 2009

Random ramblings

WARNING... this will be LONG, so I won't take offense if you just skim this one. =)

I am happy to say that after a couple weeks of horrible computer viruses, we (along with help from Mathan), got our computer up and running like new again. It has been a while since I have seen it move so fast, and with no pop-ups every other second!! =)

I got to sing at Enrichment Night last week, and got quite a few compliments, which made me feel pretty good about how I did. I have been asked to sing the same song again in Relief Society as the closing song tomorrow. I am afraid that people are going to get sick and tired of hearing me sing, because I am also singing on Mothers Day with Nathan in Sacrament Meeting. Ha! My poor ward...

Yesterday I took our dog Max to get his rabies shot and tags. I have never seen so many dogs in my life.... It was a county, public shot clinic right there on the police stations front lawn. There was a dog behind me in line that was a Irish Wolfhound or something like that. He was HUGE. That dogs back, when standing, was 6 inches above my hip!! Yikes. The owner said he eats 8-10 cups of food A DAY. Yeah, so Max eats only 1 cup of food a day. Max did really well, didn't bite anyone, re-marked a spot that had previously marked by at least 4 other dogs, and is now current on his shots and tags. Now we just have to get him fixed....but that is for another day.

This morning I discovered a small flood and a fast drip coming from our water heater. I, at first, thought that we would have to replace the whole heater, but it turns out that the leak is coming from one of the pipes going into the heater up top. So, our good-ol' plumber friend Billy is coming on Monday. He was actually going to come last Friday for a totally unrelated issue, but we gratefully got it figured out before he came. Plumbers are kinda expensive!!

This afternoon, Nathan, Aubrey, Emily and Betsy announced to David and I that they were going to Mexico and we couldn't stop them. After a few moments of asking the whys and what- fors, Aubrey said dramatically, "because we are sick and tired of it here!" We laughed and asked her why she was sick and tired of being here, and she just said that she was bored and wanted to go play across the road. So, they went to "Mexico", hauling a red wagon full of toys, baskets, string cheese sticks, and Betsy. It was too cute. And don't you worry, I warned them not to catch the swine flu! =)

It was too windy again today to make much progress on the garden, which makes it 3 weeks later then we wanted to plant. Oh well, maybe next week. We did get a short 2 foot fence up around the garden area. If it isn't Max digging it up, it is Betsy trying to make snow angels in it. I got tired of yelling at the dog and kids to stay out of the garden boxes, so we just put up a temporary barrier instead. It has worked well so far.

So, on to another week....

2 comments:

Mel's Family said...

Your kids are so funny and so cute!!!

Christine said...

I'm glad you and your computer are back. :) Good luck with the garden! :)