Monday, September 20, 2010

Updates

I realized yesterday that I haven't updated my blog in a while. It's not that things were not going on... HECK, there is always something going on... I just enjoyed looking at my sweet husbands' birthday blog for me! He really did sneak that one in, and I was very pleasantly surprised to see he had done it! What a great guy!

Anyhow, other then my birthday recently and the big baptism bash for Nathan, life has calmed down a bit. The kids are doing well in school, Betsy and Jay are still both taking naps conveniently right after Emily gets dropped off at afternoon kindergarten, and once or twice a week I will grab a nap too. AHHH! Miraculous, I know...

David had been AWOL a lot lately. He is pretty busy with his new calling, Elders Quorum President, and then on the days or times he is not doing that, he has been doing a lot of work out on the reservation, where he is gone for 3-4 days at a time. I sometimes feel like a single mom, and sometimes just about lose it, but so far I am still sane, and the kids are all alive and well, so that is good. =) He started 8 credits of schooling, but unfortunately he had to drop his classes. The financial aid was never processed, and because school is kinda pricey, we couldn't pay for classes and books on our own, so he had to drop. GRRRR!!!!!! Maybe next semester NPC can get their act together, and we can try again. (can you tell I am kinda miffed at NPC right now?!?!)

Yesterday at church I realized how VERY much my priorities are off. I spend far too much time wasting time. My life is filled with lots of time wasters, and I am culling back and focusing on the things that REALLY matter. My marriage, kids, and the gospel. That is all that REALLY matters. More time focusing on them, less time wasting my day away. So with that being said, I will say goodbye. =)

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Thanks for the post! I'm glad to hear you are finding time for a nap once or twice a week. That is great, and man, it can help get you through the day--especially when you are doing it on your own! Sorry to hear that David is so busy; I really don't know how those single moms do it! Maybe it is a blessing that he isn't doing classes right now--that would be more time away from the family.

I totally hear you on the time wasting comments. I have a couple thoughts:
1. Sometimes we are so worn out from being good moms that the thought of a productive use of our time every moment is really overwhelming. Sometimes we need a distraction on the computer or TV for an hour or so.
2. The longer you get distracted, the quicker your priorities get out of whack.
So, I think the answer is balance. But that is the hardest part about it! And maybe finding ways to use our time that feel relaxing/rejuvenating but can still be productive. (For me, sometimes it is folding laundry while watching TV, or making a craft of some sort that will benefit my family/home.)

Sorry for the length; thanks for providing me the outlet! Let me know when you figure it all out so I can take notes. :)

Love ya, girlfriend!