Sunday, January 2, 2011

Catching Up

WARNING:
This will be a NOVEL. Proceed with caution!


So, I have obviously been quite the blog-slacker the last couple weeks. And here is an incredibly quick, fun and BUSY recap of our celebrations....

Nathan, Aubrey, and Emily all had Christmas programs during the last week of school before break.
Emily's program was first in the week. They had all the lights off, but the stage lights, which were behind the kids, so during the whole thing so you couldn't see anyone or anything....bad idea. It was sad that no one could see their kids performing. (NO good pictures). She had a speaking part, "Our teachers taught us that we are walking, talking miracles. " I thought it was pretty applicable for her to say that. And here she is at home for her picture. She got that gift from Mrs. Tanner.
Aubrey's program was next in the week. Her grade did a wonderful job, and even made me get a little teary over one song, Innkeeper. They had the nativity acted out, and the last line was so powerful. "Innkeepers all. Do you have room for the Child?" Aubrey had the speaking part "Family traditions are dear to our heart." My parents came to visit for the day, and were able to come to Aubrey's program. It was a nice treat for both Aubrey and my parents.
Nathan's program was super funny and neat. They had funny lines, and a awesome square dance by the kids in the class. Nathan's speaking part was, "But the bad part about Christmas is Aunt Mabel is invited." Then the 3rd graders tuned off ALL the lights, put on white gloves, used black lights and "danced" to 'Little Drummer Boy'. It was so awesome, that I admit that I got a little chocked up. So neat! We sat in such a bad spot, that I couldn't even see him the whole program, so no good pictures for him either. But this picture is him, in his classroom, after the program.
I put on a little family birthday party for my December babies on the 14th. We had a Mexican themed dinner, cake and ice cream. We made 3 different cakes, one for each child. It was a fun night.
This just happened to be when my parents came to visit (same day as Aubrey's Christmas program), so this is the last picture I will have of my parents at my house for about 2 years, because they will be on their mission.

Just a few days later (17th and 18th), we traveled down to Mesa for our Barton Christmas Party. The weather was wonderful, and we had so much fun with cousins and family. Here are a few shots of the weekend....Traditon of the Nativity scene. This year we had 5 angels, 3 Marys, 3 wise men, 2 shepherds, 1 lamb, and Uncle Justin as the donkey. =)
Playing in the leaves in the retention basin with cousins. The tradition of gingerbread houses for all 14 grand kids.

Santa came and visited us at our house on Christmas. The kids had a pretty good day getting lots of gifts, and playing with family. Here are some pics of our day....

Nathans big gifts were, a BB gun and a globe.Aubrey got a fun bag that she got to color and design all by herself.
Both Aubrey and Emily got actual jump ropes, which is better then random rope, or my robe tie, or daddy's ties....Emily got the biggest gift of all, a bicycle. She loves it!
Betsy got a fun little tricycle and a Dora backpack. If its Dora, this girl LOVES it.

And this is how Jay spent his day, poor kid. He was SUPER sick, and even had a bloody nose upon waking up Christmas morning. He was so easy to hold and rock though...
My prizes that I got were, a !!MixMaster!!, a Air-popper, and some antique dishes from Davids' grandma, June Pew. They are beautiful.

We had a great time with the Adams family, eating a delicious meal, doing a hilarious White Elephant gift exchange, playing games, laughing, and staying up late enough (or early enough, I guess) to sing happy birthday to Kara! No pictures, sorry...

On December 29th, it started to snow, and snow and SNOW!! It has caused icy roads, below zero temperatures, and a very cold me. We did have fun playing in the snow, but got STUCK in our van twice all in one day. It was not a time to be driving around, I promise. We were snowed in, out at Davids' parents house, so we made it a slumber party, stayed up late playing games, and all slept there. It was actually pretty fun.
Well, I can now cross off my first goal of the year!
#1- get the blog caught up.... CHECK.

If you actually made it to the end of this horrifically L O N G post reading, not skimming, you are a trooper! Either that, or my mom. =)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I made it all the way through! I need to get mine caught up too. Have to say that the Inkeeper song at the 1st grade program choked me up too. They did an amazing job!

Stacie said...

I'm not your mom and I made it through! :) I write many blog posts much longer than that. It looks like your Christmas was a lot of fun...but what is a MixMaster? And the three birthdays too? Wow, girl, you've been busy. Take a load off in January, okay? :)

P.S. Love the picture in the retention basin...the very one we played in all the time...can't believe it!

Christine said...

I'm not a trooper or your mom. I just have 2 of my 3 at-home kids asleep. :)
I enjoy your blog. I'm glad you had a nice Christmas. :)

Anonymous said...

I am your Mom and I always love the pictures and stories. Love you the mostest!