Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Focus

I have quarantined my house today due to a nasty stomach bug that reared its ugly head about 10pm last night. I did not get much sleep going from child, to child, to toilet, to child (you get the unpleasant picture). So, not feeling well today has forced the kids to spend a bit of time watching cartoons on NetFlix. And I have spent most of my time laying on the couch reading. Namely my scriptures and Aprils' Ensign. I am sad to admit that I usually don't spend hours on end reading those books, in fact I am lucky if I ever even crack the cover of my Book of Mormon some days.

I kept getting the impression that my focus has been off. I have spent the majority of my time lately complaining; about the house, the weather, the job, the time alone, the terrible things the kids do, etc. Negative things look really big if that is all you focus on. So if that is true, do positive things look really big if that is what your focus is on?

Ready to put my focus on what REALLY matters, and start being more grateful and positive, because life is GOOD... even if I'm sick!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Awwww! :( Feel better soon, Valerie! I'm sorry you've been playing single mom. I hope that's over soon too!