Monday, May 21, 2012

What we've been through...

Since we decided to take the trek north to Montana and start afresh, I feel like we have been tried and tested in more ways then I can even remember.  I don't want to sound like I am complaining or ungrateful, because that is very far from the truth.  I know that we did the right thing by stepping out on our own, and moving to an unknown place.  I have felt the Lords' hand several times in our moving and settling process.  And many blessings have been given to us throughout this change.  So, with that said, I need to document some of the bigger things that have been placed in our path, because at this point it is getting almost humorous.  Just waiting for what the next thing is...

  • I have been sick with a cough, cold, sinus, and/or chest infections off and on since we moved here.
  • I was hospitalized with what ended up being a serious UTI and pelvic infection.
  • The suburban broke down.  We took it to the shop and replaced the fuel filter and pump.
  • Betsy started her therapy to help with her hand mirroring/shadowing.
  • Betsy has had several cavities filled, two root canals, and so many trips to the dentist that everyone there knows us all by name. 
  • The suburban broke down.  We replaced the alternator.
  • Betsy had a serious asthma attack, and has now been put on stronger medications.
  • Emily crashed her bike into the back of Davids truck and broke the tail light with her face.  Emergency room trip with face and head cut open.
  • Suburban broke down, AGAIN.  Taking it tomorrow to shop to replace the #4 cylinder.
  • Nathan fell, broke his right arm, and is now in a temporary splint.  Going back Friday to see if we will get a cast or possibly surgery.

With all these things piling up on us, it has humbled me.  I have had to allow people to help me.  I hate that.  I hate being "that person" that needs help from others.  It makes me feel weak, or unable.  Well, I think that the Lord has placed these trials in our path to see how we respond to them.  And what we learn from them.  I am responding relatively well, and learning that I cannot do things alone.  And that getting help does not equal weakness.  It takes strength to accept help.

...oh, and I have learned that all these trips to the doctor, mechanic, hospital, therapist and dentist adds up to a big chunk of change.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Goodness! That is a lot! I am glad that I'm not the only one having a hard time asking for help. The water heater pilot went out on Saturday, and I couldn't bear to ask for help because the house was a mess and I was embarrassed. But I needed it. It's also frustrating because I wonder if people think I have no business having this many kids if I can't handle it. But mostly people have been so kind. I hope they are kind to you as well!