Sunday, December 9, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

This was the first year ever that I flew solo with the Thanksgiving feast. It was different not having extended family around, and turned out to be a pretty quiet day.  I had random homesickness waves pass over me, but, all in all, we survived, and ate well!

 Neither David or I are very big turkey fans, so, because we could, we opted for ham.  Neither of us really like pumpkin pie either, so we made lots of pecan and peach!  It was great. I did a lot of searching for recipes on Pinterest and other cooking blogs, and found my favorites. Our meal turned out fantastic. YUM!  I haven't seen my kids eat that good in a long time!
 
 The spread.  Sweet potatoes, ham, stuffing, rolls, mashed potatoes, green beans, french fried potatoes, 4 pecan pies, and 2 peach pies.  YUM!
 I loved Aubrey's expression in this one.  The kids 'helped' a lot with the food,
so she was READY to eat. 
 Pigging out!
And because we are thankful for our dog, Max got a small bowl of ham, stuffing, and mashed potatoes too!  He LOVED it (meaning: he pretty much inhaled the food)!

I am so thankful for my wonderful husband, great kids, and even, for that silly little dog.  =)

No comments: